Thursday 2 October 2008

Be confident!!!

I had a few more examinations in CCU today. But then i got a lot of things wrong. I am still not able to pick up crackles, murmurs... I even mistaken a soft abd as guarding. But then i am happy to learn from mistakes. At least, i remember.
However, i was uncertain in presenting my findings. Partly because of language, partly because of knowledge. Sometimes i cant think of the accurate word to say... Sometimes i just knew the outcome without knowing the mechanism...
I used to be a very confident person but when it comes to physical examination. I was scared, scared of doing wrongly or performing weakly.
Just need to come out with my style.
Jooney's history taking and examination style.
When i am able to establish and practice my style, i know i am going to succeed.

Just thought of something out of the box:
Clinical life can be very tiring but...
It's so fun.... It makes u think 24/7... It makes u think that u r still alive...


I am alive to seek for more confident!!!

3 comments:

Jeremy Nunis said...

Me also have problem with crackles.. cannot hear at all wei.. *sweat* and when i take pulse. i always miss if its irregular.

Ling Min said...

Crackles sound like the abdominal sound for me... just not that loud.. heard with respiration.. n they r in the lungs!

anyway, practice makes perfect! Jia You!!

Jeremy Nunis said...

Oo i heard crackles the other day.. but then i missed an obvious dullness on chest.. sob sob.