Thursday 10 July 2008

My first meditation experience in Swansea


I was invited to a meditation group by my colleague.
We found out both of us are Buddhist after working together for 3months.
They have meditation and dharma discussion in her house every thursday.
I was looking forward to go to this meditation as i was looking for a group of dharma pals in this land.
But i was quite scared as well coz i do not meditate for quite some time... (perhaps the last time was half a year ago)
And today, i was brought to her shrine hall. And Mel played the buddhist hymn from cd her player while waiting for her other meditation friends.
Mel (my colleague) introduced me to her other dharma friends., Owen and Jean. We chat for about fifteeen minutes.
Then Mel told me that they normally sit for 30min. it was quite long for me but i very pai seh to say i cant do it.
so......
i started to meditate with them, concentrate on my breathing....
as time goes by, my back started to ache....
my right leg started to feel numb...
i tilted a bit to change my position..
but it lasted a few minutes...
then i started to feel numb again...
i focus back to my breathing...
breathe in.... breathe out.....
and finally the bell rang and it was the end of the meditation.
i massaged my legs and make myself more comfortable in a sitting position.

i recalled a lot of moments that i spent in buddhist society...
after the meditation
i remember
my beloved dharma teacher, Bro Tan Ho Soon...
my beloved dharma senior, Miss Lee Xin Er...
my beloved president, Miss Ho Pei Jen
and the rest of my dhrarma pals,
eg: Ling Min, Jackie, Mok, Ei Leen, Hwee Hong, Kian Hwa, Yi Cheau, Kean Aun, Chun Wai, Si Wei..... ( i hope i did not miss anyone)
of course i woulndt forget the juniors...
Chun Loo and friends...

Happy hour passes very fast,
it's the time to say goodbye...

We spent 2hr sitting and talking in the shrine hall...
I really enjoyed the calm and peaceful moment with these foriegn dharma pals...
For the first time, i really feel that no matter what language you speak, what's your skin colour, what's your hair colour...
as long as we are the followers of the Buddha...
We are bound together...

Thanks, Mel
Thanks, the Lord Buddha

No comments: