Tuesday 13 May 2008

My first day in Singleton Park


There was a park behind where i stay. A super big park that has several gardens, it's called Singleton Park. I like to spend sometime to jog or walk there. This park has tall trees and green grass. The gardens have pretty and beautiful flowers.


It was so relaxing when u get the chance to stay so close to the nature after a long busy day of learning in the hospital.

The local people would always like to bring their puppies or dogs to the park. Some teenagers would like to ride on their bike and cycle on the path in the park.

On the first week when i was in Swansea university, i have decided to explore this park. i admired my own courage without knowing what place i would go to as i only knew there were a lot of people going in and out through that entrance behind Cefn brynn. i didnt even know it was a park in the first place. out of curiosity, i brought my mobile phone and started my music player and set off to the park.

i followed and walked along the path in the park without knowing the direction, just simply took a junction because i thought i could find my way out by following the way i took in. i reached a point which i could see a big land of greenish lawn. i walked away from the path towards the middle of the lawn. Wow!! for one second i thought i was freed, just like a bird in the sky, walking happily on the lawn with my favorite songs playing from my phone.

all of a sudden, i could feel something push me on my bum. i was shocked and thinking of who would be the one behind me. i dun know any friends yet that dare to crack a joke on me by touching my bum. normally if someone were to push u down, they normally push your shoulder to make u lose your balance, not your bum. i quickly turned and.... i saw a dog. What a relief... at least it's not someone ham sap.

the dog is a golden retriever, according to the owner, it's name was leo. Leo was only 1 year old. but, he was as big as a mature dog, strong enough to jump and push me down. Leo was playful as he kept chasing me when i tried to walk away from him. the owner eventually tied him up since i was so scared that Leo would bite me. after that, i had a nice chat with Leo's owner. she's a midwife working in Singleton hospital as well. We started to talk about the hospital and the doctors that we knew. Apparently she knew my uncle. ( i didnt know he was famous in antenatal department.)

she introduced the park to me and said that it was larger when she was young. but some part of it was developed into housing areas. she recommended the botanical garden which i didnt get a chance to see yet as it closes at 6pm and i normally go for a walk after that time. at the end of our conversation, she showed me the way back to the university.

and now, this park has become my favourite spot for me to "lepak" (a malay word that means wander around) during my leisure time.

No comments: