Wednesday 26 November 2008

Miss Silver, happy belated birthday!!!

This post is dedicated to my childhood friend, or maybe not really childhood, i was already in primary school when i knew her. It's her birthday on 25h nov, and i have forgotten her birthday once which made me super guilty and now i'll keep that in my mind.

I have just called her this morning and i was very happy that she still remembers me( so touched...) She could recognize my voice without me introducing who i am.

And now it's time to talk about Miss Silver, i like to call her ah ngan(in cantonese) coz her chinese name is 银。So i label her as Miss Silver, i even save her phone number as Slver Koh. Now to clear the doubt, her surname is Koh, not Silver. (but i still like to call her ah ngan)

First impresion of her, smart student, how smart? The type that super not interested in biology, knew her aim since she started to learn science, used to claim that dissection is very cruel (if i am not mistaken, this was the reason she decided not to take pure science). Then what's her main interest then? I only label people as smart student when they can solve mathemathical questions easily. And she's one of the rare one (as a girl) can score very good results in maths and physics. And that's why she always has the honour to become our treasurer and ambulatory human calculator when we go shopping.

Now that i think about it, we have never be in the same class in the five years of secondary eductaion. We were in the same class from stadard 4-6, and never since then. How do we become close friends then? I have no idea, probabaly this is what we call 缘分。We have very similar personality(she might not agree with it 因为我很容易发脾气,she rarely lose her temper, unlike me, haha). Our thoughts are rationale and logical. (can kind of predict that as she likes maths and reasoning) 物以类聚嘛! This is how we became very close as we worked together for chinese society and also red cresent. I was the VP and as i have mentioned, she was the tresurer.

Have we ever had conflicts/frictions before? Maybe we had, but i really couldnt remember. Perhaps our mums had. My mum was just being too protective as ah ngan and i were in the same year, of course there would be some competition to a certain extent. But i treated it as 良性竞争, we competed in UPSR, PMR, and SPM and other exams but it turned out to be a win-win outcome eventhough there was competiton. We even competed for role model student before in standard six and of course she won because her academic result was better than mine. And do you think i am the loser? No, no... I scored better result in my SPM and i end up doing medicine under the government scholarship. (Haha, revenge successful!! No lar, ah ngan i am just kidding, dont angry ya) And now... she's doing not too bad, final year in UM, doing telecommunication engineering. (until now i still dont understand why did she choose this course)

Ah ngan, everyone has already working except both of us. We must work hard and to prove that we are competent to work in the community even though we are graduating later than other people in our year.

Hereby, i attach a pic to show you who Miss Silver is...
And here is the pic of my jay chou calendar for the month november. At the right hand corner, that is the farewell gift given to me from her few days before i came to uk. And i brought along with me... Thank you very much for the gift
Last, but not least, all the best for your future undertakings!!! 生日快乐。

1 comment:

Unknown said...

U r the only person describe me in a long essay. feel honoured. but u shd get a better picture from me...tat picture...erm...okla still acceptable haha. Anyhow, this is a meaningful birthday present! arigatou! tk!