Tuesday 11 November 2008

I wish i was there...

73 days I am away from home, not the longest time yet, my maximum record was 120days away from home which was just few months ago. In total, I have been away from home for over 200days!!! If I say I never ever have homesick, taht's a LIE!!! And i do not lie, so i do miss my family, especially my brothers. (Papa & mama, please do noy be jealous ya...)
My first homesick episode ever since i came to preton was when i read xiao dee's blog on our house warming party and his piano fair. I really wish i was there. But unfortunately, i am in UK, doing my clinical practice.
Then the next time was my mum rang and told me that her blood pressure was high and she had headache that she couldnt cope with and she needed to take pain killer which she normally doesnt take at all. At the same time, she complained of numbness over the hands, arms and neck which sounds like the symptoms of stroke. During the period of time, i just started my clinical palcement in stroke rehabilitation ward, and i saw a lot of people who need help in moving around, feeding and even washing themselves. Oh, i dun want to see my mum in that condition!!! She was worried as my uncle died of complications from hypertension, and it runs in her family. I was worried to but i try not to show it to my mum and convince her to go for medical check-up. After talking to my mum on the phone, i just couldnt stop myself crying and i wish i was there with her. I wish i could bring her to see doctor and just comfort her... But i am away from home... I was really hopeless at that time, and spoke to my borther and made him to bring my mum to see the doctor. Thank God, everything turned out to be fine and my mum's blood pressure was back to mornal. The neurological symtoms that she experienced was just the once and only episode.
And... i felt homesick again last friday night, the worst thing was i wasnt alone. When the feelings came, i was surrounded by almost 15people in a room. We were watching a video which was a birthday present of my senior, and in the video, his friends and his family sent their respective wishes to him as last thursday was his birthday. I dun know them at all, I am not even very close to this senior, but i was touched by the video. My tears was just pooling in my eyes when i heard the messages and wishes given by his mum and sister.By looking at their bond, it reminds me of my brothers, especially my younger brother (hoi, dun be jealous ya, sometimes i would think of you also but lesser compared to xiao dee la). And i just couldnt help and cry again, it was so embarassing in front of so many people. I quickly rushed out of the room and sitting on the staircase and just let all my emotions flew out with the tears. I was settled down in a while and to be honest, this time i wish my family was here. What does this imply? I was homesick...
And now, there's no resistance to that feeling when it comes, just try to call them up to make sure they are happy and healthy. Or try to make myself busy with stuff so that i wont think of it.
I will also make sure i am also happy and healthy. That is what they really want to hear.
I am fine really :=)

1 comment:

GGdTJJ said...

you now want me how do je...

find you also wrong..
not find you also wrong...
haiya..
anything la...

it's for your dream, so you gotta realise it! Go for it. don't be troubled by the matters over here, I and koko will always take care of it de.
I have one more subject, two more days to go, so after that I'll devote my time to them. just don't worry..
take it easy!