Monday 30 June 2008

Happy birthday to Tan Jane June

This post was copied from my beloved xiao dee's blog.

Word in red are his writings
and words in black and bold are my writing


Happy Birthday to my beloved sis

happened to be one day...
a pregnant lady suddenly felt that her baby was moving...
but not like how it usually happened..
this time, the baby was trying to make her way out...
to know the world, to see the world after being enclosed in darkness for about 10 months..
but then the lady looked at the calender, it was just 30th june...
the doctor told her that her baby will only be delivered around july..
nonetheless, she got to the hospital...
and, after several tries.. the doctor decided to do the surgery, to 'take' the baby out...
(my mum was telling me that my buttock was at the bottom, unlike normal babies, they have the head at the bottom. the doctor tried to correct my position so that my mum can deliver normally. however, he failed to do so. they had to send my mum to do cesarean section as the amnion was burst.)
yeah, no one knows she was so eager to come out, perhaps in the surgery room instead of normal ward?
(xiao dee, the place to have an opeartion is called the theatre.)
the lady's husband signed the agreement, and without wasting any time, the lady was sent to the surgery room and successfully, the girl was delivered..
on the day of 30th June 1985...
(at 5.30pm in the afternoon, to be exact, my mum was sent to the hospital on 30th june early morning)
and yes, this is the first baby of the lady and her husband...
and due to the fact the baby came out so unexpectedly.. on the last day of june..
the girl was named June...
(good thing i wasnt born in july, i might be named July for that reason. @=@)
Tan Jane June will be the full name for her, following her till now for 23 years already...
(this name is gong to follow me for the rest of my life)

in this 23 years, this baby, has grown into a girl, and now a mature lady that is striving for her dream..
to be a doctor..
(to be more accurate, i want to be a paediatrician)
doing very well for her kindergarten..
(i was struggling in kindergarten as i went to an english kindergarten and was switched to a chinese one when we moved to PD from Klang. I didnt not know how to write Chinese at that time)
enroll in SRJK (C) Chung Hua Port Dickson...
being an excellent and cherry primary student before going to Port Dickson High School.
(the proudest time of my life was in primary3, being the only representative to go for story telling competition in Malay, English and Chinese. partly because nobody from my class would like to go. since then, i have very strong interest in talking and telling stories)
(next, my primary6 life was superb. i represented my school for the state level in a lot of competitions, eg: essay writing, public speaking, drawing competitions... i nearly became the role model student that year. but i was lost to one of my good friend with the score diffirence of 0.4)
Taking the 7A result, the girl went to STPD and make her peak success of her early year, by being the best student during her form2.
Though the 7A1B result of her SPM seemed to be a blocking stone for her future, instead, it has become her stepping stone..
(xiaodee, is PMR result, not SPM. u would nvr know what did i get for B... it was a shame to be i got B for chinese but i nvr retreat and still taking chinese in SPM. felt very sorry to my parents as they took my result for me. i went to a training camp that time)
a driving motivation originated from the dissatisfying result, has opened a bright way for her..
scoring a historical 11A1 1A2 result at STPD for her SPM, she managed to become the ever honourable JPA scholar, and yes, the respectable JPA medicine scholar..
she is on the right track to pursue her dream, becoming a doctor...
(a difficult track though...)

spending 2 years at Intec, getting 3A for her London A-Level and gets into IMU (International Medical University), Bukit Jalil and has always been scoring very well results for her subjects..
notable one includes a 6 A streaks for her semester exam... and only a few B includes in her exams/tests for the time she spent in IMU, clocked at 2.5 years...
(xiao dee, must be humble.. too many people did better than me lei.... i was a little bit shy to admit my achievements... be humble.. be humble...)

and yes, she got a break since last year december...
(super long break until i got poisoned by one million star, hong kong tvb drama, korean drama series and the sleeping bug...)
(i was now cleared from the sleeping poison but then still very addicted to one million star)
but then, she was a great person, has flew to UK to follow her uncle for posting..
to learn on herself, the clinical skills etc. and further discover herself...
she flew to UK during March, and is doing very fine...
(not very fine all the time. got ups and downs. but i guess, that's how life is...)
During September 2008, she will be in Machester...
(xiaodee, another error: Manchester)
studying in the World top30 university - the University of Manchester for her final few years of clinical skill for her Medicine course...

"She is my proud" -- June's mum..
(aka Mrs Tan:你是我的骄傲)
(yes, got grammar error.. should be pride.. but is her mum said in english de, not a translate one, so remain as it is)


and of course, not to forget...
Happy Birthday to Miss Tan Jane June..
(祝我生日快乐)
the girl that is going to spend her 23rd birthday first time outside of Malaysia, first time without us around!
(精神上在一起就够了)
yeah, all the best to you, sis...
you are mama's proud, you are my pride too.. haha..

"when dream is closing, you'll be lost." -- yoga (One Million Star first season winner)

but then, you will find your way back...
(ya, i will find my way back.)
Yes, there were times, Im sure you know
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way
back on track, to be the ever best sis i could have...

SALUTE!!!
(last but not least, thank you for this special post.
i love it...)

3 comments:

doreen said...

Lolz.
Its like
'History Of Tan Jane June'
I was smiling away while reading it.

Really a good one.

Happy Birthday, Jie Jie,
Hope you get the card from me!!

^.^

doreen said...

p/s: Sorry, its Got the card from me...bad grammar...hehe

Ling Min said...

Wow!! Yr bro's work is brilliant!! Great story-teller! n u r a great elaborator & teacher (correct his grammar mistakes, etc.. haha!)!! Such a 温馨 story! What a great present u have!