Monday 18 August 2008

40 days in Malaysia

From 20th July, the time i arrived KLIA to 30th Aug, the time i am leaving Malaysia, i have 40days to spend at my hometown. I have so much things to do in these 4odays and finally my preparation has come to an end.

Day 1 I went shopping with my family in IKEA on the day i arrived. To be honest, i was tired but i was happy that i could met my family after separation of 16weeks.
Day 2 I did my medical check-up in a private hospital near my house as requested by my sponsor, JPA.
Day 3 I met IMU seniors in Mid Valley and also my friends. We watched "Red Cliff" together as i didnt step into a cinema for 16weeks.
Day 4 I went back to my old house to shift my stuff to my new house. At night, i met my Sban friends and invited them to visit my new house.

Day 5-8 I went back to Penang to visit my relatives there. And ate all the food that i have missed.

Day 9 I went to IMU to collect my academic transcript and on the same day, i went to extract my decayed tooth in the dental clinic.
Day 10 I cleaned my own room and set up my new wardrobe with my bro.
Day 11 We ordered a lorry to carry our furnitures from old house to new house. And a very tiring day...
Day 12 I went to KL to apply my student visa.
Day 13 I went to JPA for briefing to collect my flight ticket and allowance. On the same day, i went to KLIA to change my flight date from 14th aug to 30aug due to misunderstanding between me and JPA officer.

Day 14-15 Finally, i could stay at home and no need to go out on as my cousin came to visit me.

Day 16-20 I was asked to attend Kursus Kenegaraan that organized by Biro Tatatnegara. And the day i came back from the camp, i watched Beijing 2008 Olympic opening ceremony with my friends... That was my farewell with my beloved friends....

Day 21 I went back to my dad's kampung, Ulu Yam to pay respect (bai bai) to my ancestors. And of course i wont miss the delicious Loh Mee...
Day 22 Nothing much to recall, i guess i was chilling at home...
Day 23 I brought my grandpa to PathLab for his medical check-up as he keeps complaining his knee pain, i suspect it was due to osteoarthritis. But it was just too hard for me to tell him in Hokkien.
Day 24 I went to KL again to collect my student visa but some how it was quite depressing as UK granted me a 2yr visa as opposed to 3yr duration of my course due to error in my financial affidavit.

Day 25-28 I stayed at home chilling and watched Taiwanese drama-"Fated to love" as
recommended by my cousin.

Day 29 I went shopping with my family again. At night, stayed tuned to astro and watched the final match of badminton men's single. As a malaysian, i gave my spiritual support to Lee Chong Wei. But as an audience, i gave Lin Dan a round applause for such a good match.
Day 30 And today, i did something that i wished to do since the first day i came back. I cut my hair to the length that i am comfortable with...

Another 10days to go...
I would need to start to pack my stuff to UK...

It has to come... The day i leave my family to pursue my dream...
Nothing can be done even if i feel sad...
The only thing i am trying to do now is treasure every second that i could spend with them as i am using these 40days to compensate the 1yr period that i wont be around...
I am happy
I am contended
I am grateful
:=)

3 comments:

jack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jack said...

yo finally an update from you.
hows ur accommodation for Manchester?? managed to contact my friend??

doreen said...

where is my time?
haha..
how come i don't have a time slot from you? Lolz
joking la...
just do whatever you want to do 1st k

=)